Do you like my blog

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Karl Fisch and Her Blog on Technology and Teachers

First I listened to "You Tube as an Educational Tool", next I listened to Possibilities of Facebook for Educational Tools. These pod cast were very informational, but boring. Karl Fisch's blog Is It Okay to Be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher? is very opinionated about teachers knowing their technology. I agree with her in some ways. Yes the world today is all about computers and technology. As teachers it is our duty to understand them, but that is not all that we need as teachers. The classroom should not be all technical there should be "Old Fashion" teaching.

There should be hands on teaching (old fashion teaching) where the teacher is not reading straight off the power point. I am a kinesthetic learner and technology is not how I learn. I believe that technology is isolating us and we are becoming an unsociable generation. Students do not have civil one to one conversations anymore. It is all about the text or instant messaging; no more conversations there should be equilibrium between computers and old fashion teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment