Do you like my blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

My Response to Fisch "What IT Wants"

I love Karl Fisch's blog. It is full of interesting facts and information. I learn so much from this blog. I believe I will always read it even after this class.
One post I read from this blog was What IT Wants. Though I truly don't know what "IT" is per say I like the other things she talks about. He tells you the things a graduate student should look like as in:

  • Passionate about learning.
  • Self-directed, motivated.
  • Curious.
  • Creative.
  • Global perspective. De-centered – focus on others.
  • Tech enabled.
  • Has their own Personal Learning Network and is actively nurturing it.
  • Understands that working on problems that haven’t been solved is what real people do, not following step by step procedures. Be problem solvers. Also problem finders.
  • Able to be given a “big picture” overview of an assignment and go for it without a lot of direction.
  • Collaborative.
  • Learn how to learn.
  • Don’t stop at the first right answer.
  • Producers, not just consumers.

His facts and personal views are so creative and so passionate I agree with him. He truly believes in great teachers and that gives me so much respect for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment